WEBINAR | Capitalizing on “The Middle Ground” Between Fitness and Medicine
This webinar was broadcast May 8, 2018. Your purchase of this webinar will enable you to download a recording. You must download the recording within 30 days of purchase.
A CEU quiz for this webinar is available for purchase via Fitness Learning Systems. Quiz link is included in your confirmation email.
Presented by Phil Kaplan, Founder of A.L.I.V.E. Across America
While the conventions of allopathic medicine steer those who struggle with chronic disease toward pharmaceutical interventions, the fitness field has historically worked with healthy individuals and has not prepared its practitioners to address “disease reversal.” As you’ll come to understand in this session, chronic disease evolves along a continuum, and beyond a “tipping point,” mal-adaptation of the endocrine system may prevent the anabolic, ergogenic, and fat liberating effects personal trainers have come to expect from exercise.
In this session, health practitioners and personal trainers will come to re-think the way we “treat” the unwell, especially those who are functional, working, and outwardly “normal” despite irregularities in blood sugar, blood pressure, or hormonal imbalances. Attendees will learn:
- What Six Points MUST be addressed in any program aimed at reversing movement along the “Disease Continuum” (back toward optimal health)
- How we can address the root cause of chronic disease, using select exercise protocols proven to reverse inflammation
- How personal trainers with a select knowledge and an enhanced skill set can command fees previously reserved for medical professionals and deliver extreme value both in practice and in education
- How we can use an enhanced understanding of the sympathetic / parasympathetic response to deliver outcomes including quantifiable shifts in fat loss, recovery, and energy
- How fitness professionals and medical professionals can connect to best serve the client /patient while facilitating compliance in vitally important lifestyle shifts without challenge and without resistance
This session will change your thinking about how we interact with clients and open you up to an entirely new understanding of how we create professional rapport and extreme value. It will empower personal trainers to re-examine the ceiling on their income and see a new level of potential both in terms of client outcome and professional reward.
CEC quiz is available for purchase from Fitness Learning Systems. CEC quiz access is emailed to registrants the day after the live presentation.