Sharon has been involved in the health and fitness industry for more than 28 years presenting, teaching, and coaching in fitness clubs and private studios throughout the Washington metropolitan area. She holds certifications in Medical Exercise, Personal Training, Pre & Postnatal fitness, Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis.
Sharon is the PFP (Personal Fitness Professional) Trainer of the month for January 2020. She was finalist for the 2019 MedFit Professional of the Year by MedFit Professional Magazine. She is a Board Member for the Montgomery County Women’s Business Owners Association.
Sharon founded the Life Energy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, to utilize her extensive experience and network to create exercise and behavior modification programs and resources to help people avoid becoming immobilized from their chronic condition. In addition, she presents workshops and seminars throughout the United States. She writes for numerous online publications, compelled to clarify confusing and misleading health information for the general population as well as offer modifications to those with disease-related concerns.
Under her guidance, The Life Energy Foundation has created several dynamic medical exercise programs in 2020. Achieve, 30 days to Better and a COVID-19 research study (Move The Needle). These programs are powerful tools geared towards those whose quality of life has been impacted by diabetes type II, hypertension, weight loss, depression, and possible increased severity of COVID-19. The programs provide evidence-based practices to instill self-efficacy and adopt healthier lifestyle habits resulting in positive outcomes.
- Medical Exercise Specialist, American Council on Exercise, 2016
- Multiple Sclerosis Certification, National MS Society, 2013
- Arthritis Foundation Certification, National Capitol Area, 2008
- Personal Trainer, Level III, American Council on Exercise, 1995
- Personal Trainer, Aquatic Exercise Association, 1994
- Moms on the Move
- Functional Aging Certification, Functional Aging Institute, 2019
- Movement-Based Exercise, American Council on Exercise, 2013
- Medical Exercise Specialist, American Academy of Health, Fitness and Rehab Professionals, 2012
- Weight Management Series (Obesity & Special Populations), Mark Poisell, 2006
- Lifestyle and Weight Management, ACE, 2005
- Foundations for Function, Movement by Design, Anthony Carey, 2005
- Pre/Post Natal Fitness Instructor Training, Healthy Moms, 2005
- Essential Exercises Anywhere
- The Power of Posture
- Strong Bones – How to Get Them
- Fibromyalgia, What Is It? & How Does It Impact Workers’ Pensions?
- Eating and Exercising Through the Holidays
- The Importance of Self Care
- New Year – New Beginning (How to set up for Success)
- Feeling Your Best During Your Job Search
- D.C. Health Mind/Body/Spirit
- Design A Body
- Benefits of Water Exercise
- Exercise Guidelines for Pre/Postnatal & Beyond
- International Dance and Exercise Association
- American Council on Exercise
- Medical Fitness Association
- American Kinesiotherapy Association
- MedFit Network
- Exercise Is Medicine
- Women’s Business Owners Of Montgomery County