Ms. Gladwin is the former owner of LGA Fitness Consulting specializing in wellness educational program development and implementation. Ms. Gladwin received her undergraduate degree in Physical Education and Health from Michigan State University and her Masters, specializing in Exercise Physiology and Gerontology from California State University, Fullerton (CSUF).
Ms. Gladwin served as an associate professor for the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences at CSUF, an advisor to the LifeSpan Wellness Center (now known as the Center for Successful Aging) and an instructor for CSUF Senior Fitness and New York State-St. John Fisher/LIFESPAN Gerontology Certificate Programs. As former Director of Education for AFAA (the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America), she led a team of subject-matter experts who were instrumental in the development of AFAA’s standards and guidelines, certifications and specialty workshops. Ms. Gladwin also is recognized as a Fellow for the National Board of Fitness Examiners.
Ms. Gladwin is the former Director of the You’re in Charge!sm health promotions program at Preferred Care/MVP, an HMO located in Rochester, NY, where her staff served over 150,000 commercial and 60,000 Medicare members providing wellness programs within the community and workplace. Under her leadership, the You’re in Charge! program was awarded the 2003 Health Care Achievement Award/Older Adult Programs and the 2004 New York State Health Plan Association Honorable Mention for Patient Care Project/Medicine Bag Review. She also worked very closely with the Medical Fitness Association and was honored with the 2013 Marla Richmond Award for her creativity and dedication in the area of health and fitness education. Currently as a Retiree, Ms. Gladwin is a fitness instructor, wellness presenter, committee member of the marketing and fitness support teams and serves as President of the Board of Directors, at The Highlands, a 55+ Active Adult Community, located in beautiful Dove Mountain, Marana, AZ.
With over 35 years experience in the field of health and fitness, Ms. Gladwin has worked closely with many of the industry’s leading organizations: ACSM, ACE, IHRSA, NSCA, the Cooper Institute, and NASM as well as the American Heart Association, Arthritis and Cancer Foundations, NY and CA Departments of Health and Councils for the Aging. In addition, Ms. Gladwin is recognized for her roles as an editor, author, mentor, international presenter/instructor and older adult fitness advocate.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- AFAA Recipient for Outstanding Achievement in Fitness Videos (1991)
- City Sports/Body Beat, Senior Fitness Advocate Award presented by Reebok and City Sports, 1992
- Nominee, Healthy American Fitness Leader Award 1995, 1996, & 1997
- Special Advisor to the California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, 1998
- Council Member, Orange County, CA Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, 1998
- Partners in Quality Award, Preferred Care, 2000
- Partners in Quality Award, Preferred Care, 2001
- Health Care Achievement Award, Rochester Business Journal, 2003
- 2004 NYS Health Plan Association Honorable Mention for Patient Care Project
- ACE Instructor of the Year Semi-Finalist, 2005
- ACE Instructor of the Year Nominee/Recognized for outstanding contribution to the fitness industry as a Group Fitness Instructor, 2006
- 2013 Recipient, Marla Richmond, MS, Memorial Education Award, MFA